Sunday 10 February 2008

Michelle


Michelle. My home for a long time. I've explored alleyways, jungle paths and expressways riding her. The pillion seat has been the perch of some wonderful people with my arms perpetually on the throttle.

Saying goodbye to her was like bidding farewell to the moments that had gone by. Moments that I cherished and treasured in the depths of my heart. It hurt but, only to a certain extent.

I will ride into the horizons once again.

This is what I wrote the first time I rode her.

The fatigue of the day
deflated by this moment of flight,

the darkness washed out
by a beam of light.

My heart beats in a body of steel
fueled by the vision of the road, i feel.

1 comment:

~ a said...

In spite of my having seen an enfield at least every day, I still haven't spotted a red one as michelle! seen red and grey ones, but no complete red so far!