Sunday 24 June 2007

Stereotypes

Why waste time with stereotypes? At least, not at this stage of my life. I lived enough to identify a stereotype and it’s now time to separate the wheat from the chaff.

We live in a world overflowing with clichés. Most human beings find it safer to conform to these clichés than use their own judgment and logic. It’s tiring to see the plethora of people walking by speaking the same language of banal conformism. It’s refreshing to bump into INDIVIDUALS these days!

Differentiation amongst plebeians and individuals comes easy to me. All I have to ask myself through a conversation is… “Am I speaking to a unique individual having his or her own views or to the society at large that is apparently voicing its opinion through this docile being?” The answer is mostly immediate and largely accurate.

This is not about being a conformist or an iconoclast. It is about being oneself; a person free of pressures, an individual confident about expressing what he or she feels and not what the world feels. It’s then that communication becomes vibrant and productive!

3 comments:

The Elemental said...

I fully endorse your views. It's rather rare that we come across any INDIVIDUAL who can hold his own forte. Those people are truly special. I have had the luck to come across one such individual so far. I thank God for his presence in my life. I hope you too, must have come across such a person.

M. James said...

yup, circumstances have favoured me with a couple of ppl too. makes me overjoyed simply through knowledge of the existence of such a person.

~ a said...

Does the whole "demand for reservations" remind you of the way the "society" in Atlas Shrugged "demands" and "makes a claim" on people's brain because of their "need"

Having recently finished A.S. i'm constantly tormented by the way it actually sounds and the way it actually is.