Tuesday 13 February 2007

Books and their covers.

"Don't judge a book by it's cover". I remember one of my teachers in primary school making this statement. The world suddenly seemed so understanding. I did not know about the existence of a word called hypocrisy back then. humph!

I must agree that flash judgements are very useful for analysing a situation where the possibility of further inputs is bleak. Also, by virtue of it's being a flash judgement, one must account for up gradation and change. But, nope. Most people I've come across stick by their flash judgements like priests to the holy gospel.

This tendency amongst folk disappointed me lately in through many situations. I would attribute the sudden surge in this attitude of people towards me to the ('drastic') change in appearance and mannerisms. The once polite and diplomatic Michael who would tell you exactly what you wanted to hear shed his facade, let his hair down and spoke whatever was in his mind (which was sometimes unpleasant).

Can't give a job interview because my hair is to long and i have an untamed beard! I'm not playing along this time pardner... and I'm glad with my stand. So anyone out there who's crazy about working with ICICI Bank, you know what not to do. Bloody hypocrites!

However, we've still got some folk out there whose analysis of a human transcends physical appearance and actually reaches the intellect. Wow! it's a relief sometimes just to meet someone who thinks for himself or herself.

No comments: