Monday 16 April 2007

Freezing the moment

"What is photography?" asked the amiable man in front of me. And through my head flashed moments... moments of extraordinary beauty, joy, grief, anger, horror, insight and hundred such emotions. Most poured out of my grasp before they could be captured just like the sands of Thar.

Photography was a tool with which I wanted to freeze these moments and record them in my book of memories. "A picture speaks a thousand words" they say. A picture exuberates emotions through its subject and texture. That makes photography the art and science of freezing moments.

I consider life momentous and not momentary. I'd like to live it as one long orgasm rather than an evanescent flash. This is the reason I am attracted to photography. It gives me the capacity to capture the millions of moments that would otherwise be lost, never to return.

2 comments:

Jil Jil Ramamani said...

Poetry captured is photography.

M. James said...

a picture speaks a thousand words they say!