Friday 28 September 2007

The dance

I close my eyes, clench my teeth, lift my arms and face another man with tensed jaws and heavy breaths.

We dance in a painful synchrony raining punches upon each other, with our bodies feeling the consequences of every decision; his and mine.

My instincts peaked and yet Boom! a stray fist lands right into my jaw. I look back and smile... It's a privilege to bear the consequences of the flaws in my style.

I charge again, we spar again and this dance goes on till we can barely move. The feeling of being matched by an equal in skill... of a fight where victory or defeat doesn't come easy... of two eyes sure and passionate testing each other... is ecstatic... it brings me back those visions i hold of standing high up on a tree and challenging the storm with arms wide open!

No comments: