Monday 3 September 2007

Full speed ahead!

Well, here I am. New place, new people, new lifestyle, new priorities...

Yet, I don't feel alien to anything around me. I feel exhilarated with the amount of discoveries I will make and intrigued by the novelty of my circumstances, fascinated by the opportunities, not alienated at all.

The world seems to form around me blooming before my eyes as though it existed because I exist.

The variables don't change substantially with geographical boundaries. The basic set of emotions and reactions amongst the people around me has remained the same. What differs is the circumstances that instigate these reactions. What matters the most is that I have remained the same.

I look into the horizon occasionally, knowing that beyond it lies the world I left behind. It does not make me grieve. "It's just another horizon", i think... "another journey that I will make soon". Until then, I'll feel the ground I'm standing on, breathe in the fragrances around me, learn from my circumstances and grow.

This journey of life is spectacular! I wont let it stop. I'll follow the sinking stars unto the horizons that never seem to end until the sun sets before me. Ulysses feels like my comrade as I speak!

2 comments:

Rosh said...

CHANGE IS THE ONLY CONSTANT IN ONES LIFE....

M. James said...

and how wonderful life becomes when one embraces this change!! :-D