Wednesday 12 September 2007

Floating

Solitude is rejuvenated. It stimulates my senses. Sitting amidst a confluence of nature and concrete, I was craving for my camera.

Alas! That’s one of those beautiful things I left behind.

What then is my alternative to expression? Words, of course!

I’ll embark then on a description of the world that surrounds me at this very instant.

It feels like a symphony of man-made geometry and natural abstraction. The towering trees partially embraced by the setting sun standing proudly upon waves of grass punctuated by tufts of shrubs in shades of yellow and green, all coalescing into a sudden perpendicular burst of concrete, glass and metal.

The sunlight falls at angles across the façade of a cubical structure out of which sprouts a wooden platform held together by triangular metal beams which seem to grow into another identical cube of glass and concrete… in various shades of grey.

The symbiosis I witness before me seems nestled against the backdrop of a clear blue sky with rough streaks of clouds that looked like an artist ran a brush dipped in water right across the fresh blue expanse. Amongst these haphazard patterns one could see almost perfectly straight parallel white lines left behind by a stray airplane.

The people around me are at peace. Laughing, smiling, talking, learning, thinking…

I feel free as I walk down these corridors. Free to reach into the infinity that surround me, free to feel, free of facades… It’s analogous to a perpetual outward burst of ecstasy when the space around you is splattered with the colors of your spirit. Orgasmic!

Such is my university.

2 comments:

Rosh said...

one picture is worth a thousand words!!!!....i felt the loss of captured,invaluable, fabulous moments on camera when i lost my photos...to a stupid photo lab...the beauty of the snow laden desert....of egypt, jordan, lebanon, and isreal.....i wont be able to give justice to it by converting it to words....hence did not even try ..must do it ...soon... bfr i forget eveything....
words sometimes get so limited....for me....
u doing a good job though...
keep writing and let me travel with u !!!!..

M. James said...

true! words can be so inadequate... sometimes, thats all we have :-)